So, I have a friend that has inspired me. She (you know who you are) has decided to become vegetarian for 2011.
I grew up in the country and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE beef and potatoes. I have never been much of a vegetable fan until the last couple of years. I have made great strides especially within the last 6 months or so. I have come far enough that I have found myself considering giving up some of the meat that I eat. Now, I do know myself and my limitations. I know that if I came right out and said that I was becoming a full vegetarian that it would be a bold faced lie. However, I am very confident that I can make it a week.
My friend that I mentioned earlier has posted some great recipes on her blog. Her vegetarian lasagna has especially struck my fancy.
Now, as the title of this post suggests, I am still not considering full vegetarianism. I don't think that I would survive (as well as Charlie) without cheese. We are still allowing dairy products, as well as eggs. (I mostly eat the white anyway, not that it matters.) So, my family is working on cleansing our fridge of meaty leftovers. We are taking my parents out to an Indian restaurant on Thursday for their anniversary so we are going to start our week without meat on Friday.
If any of you have some good recipes that would be great! I have two dinners planned, and so I need a few more. Wish me luck!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hear hear! I try to live the same way. I don't think you have to be completely vegetarian to eat meat sparingly, as we are instructed.
You can still be a vegetarian and have cheese. Vegan is the one where you can't have any animal products. I wish you the best of luck!! It would be SO hard for me!
Kimberly I love you so much. If you can learn to like vegetables I have hope of learning how to reach out to people in need of comfort and connect with them on an emotional level. You've always been good at that.
cool!!
I love having a partner!! lol
I totally eat eggs and cheese!! I think that's vegan without all the goods! We all give back around here!! :)
You're awesome! I wish I could see you more!
Post a Comment