- He always says, "Bless You" when you sneeze.
- He always says, "Please" when he wants something. (We are still working on "Thank You".
- Last Sunday morning I asked him if he knew where we were going that day. I was hoping he would say, "Church", but instead he said, "Temple". It was the first time he said Temple. I asked him if he wanted to go see the Temple, and he said, "YES!!". (There was a lot of enthusiasm.) We went as a family to walk around the temple on Sunday evening. It was so precious to see how excited he got to see the temple.
- We live across the street from our church building. Whenever we go anywhere Charlie points and says, "Church! Jesus!" I love that he knows we learn about Jesus when we go to church.
- He knows his ABC's, at least he will say them if he sees them, he can't say them all by himself yet, but he knows what all of them look like.
- He can count to 10 with just a little bit of help, and he knows what all those numbers look like.
- He can peddle AND steer his tricycle by himself.
- He loves to read.
- He loves his friends. The other night we finished saying our family prayer and Charlie was not satisfied. He had us say another prayer just for his friend Jasper. He is so loving!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
We Must Be Doing Something Right
As a parent it is so easy to feel like a failure. Anytime your child says "No!" or hits another child the thoughts of being a bad parent creep in. Guilt seems to weigh heavily on many mothers' minds. I am no exception. When these thoughts come to my mind I try to think of the things that I am doing right as a parent. Charlie helps me out with this by showing me all of his excellent qualities on a daily basis. I just thought I would share some of his most precious examples with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a lucky mom!
Post a Comment