Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Little (BIG) Miracles

For those of you who are curious, here I am at 22 weeks.  The color is off, I am really not that orange, but you get the idea.


So we have had many blessings come our way recently.  Stephen switched jobs at the beginning of June.  Well, he finished with his old job on the 1st, then we went on a trip first to Dallas, TX and then to Lawrence, KS.  He started his new job on the 18th.  So, since there was that gap where he was not working we missed a pay check.  We knew this was coming and had some money saved up, but with the expenses from moving AND our trip, money has been very tight.

Well, I broke our TV the day we left for our trip.  Since I haven't been feeling very good with this pregnancy, the tv has been a great friend to both me and Charlie.  When we got home we thought we could get by with our portable DVD player.  This worked the first night we were home.  The next day the screen wouldn't work.  Lovely.  So we went and bought a new tv.  It is small and cheap, but will work for us for now.  It was just money I didn't want to spend right then, but the tv is a must right now.

We had some medical bills come in the mail from getting our gender ultrasound done.  I didn't know how we could pay them.  A few days later we got a check for our deposit at our Logan apartment come.  It wasn't enough to pay them in full, but enough to start out with the payment arrangements I could make with them.  (I am insured, but with a $7500 maternity deductible).

We were running low on several things and I really needed to do some grocery shopping.  I was worried because our cash flow was not great.  Then I got a refund check in the mail from Comcast because I had evidently paid one month extra before cancelling with them, (we can't have comcast as our internet provider in this new apartment for some reason).  Just enough to do some shopping.

Our van's check oil light kept flashing one day when I took Charlie to the library.  I took it over to Jiffy Lube to have them top off the oil since we had gotten it changed there last.  They told me that the oil pan needed to be replaced because the plug would not stay in securely.  They advised me not to drive it until I got it fixed since the plug could fall out at any moment and I would lose all my oil which is apparently quite bad for engines.  We looked into fixing it: found the parts for about $250, ordered them, got them home, and we didn't have the right tools to get the old one out. We have been thinking about getting a new van for a while now.  We knew this one would be difficult once the twins come because it only has one side door and it is very awkward to get to the back seat.  We thought about it and decided that instead of put that money into fixing the van now, we should instead buy a new one now.  So, we returned to parts.  We just got pre-approved for an auto loan from our credit union this morning.  I put an ad for our van on craigslist and KSL this afternoon.  Within an hour of posting the ads, our van was sold and gone, and I had cash in my hands.  Now we just have to go out and find a new van.

Anyways, lots of stress about things not going right.  Feeling like everything is breaking and nothing is going right.  Then, a check comes in the mail, or we sell our van WAY easier and faster than expected.  Heavenly Father really has us in mind, and I am so grateful for all the blessings that he is showering down on us right now.  I need to remember to count my blessings more often when things don't go according to plan.

Speaking of Heavenly Father, you should all watch this video of Charlie saying the blessing on our food.  It is so precious!  He is such a good boy and I love him so much.  I can't believe he is turning three in three days!!


2 comments:

Breanna said...

I love this post! You look beautiful! You're in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you!!! Charlie is so stinkin' cute!

Robert and Lisa said...

You must have tithing insurance!!