So much has happened since I last blogged! I don't have much time this morning to write everything, but I did want to mention the highlights.
Stephen and I went to Newport, OR last weekend. There was an Oregon PA conference held there and quite a few of the students in Stephen's class went down to attend, us included. It was such a nice weekend. We drove down on Friday night and had dinner with the other PA students who had gone. Stephen was in meetings most of the day on Saturday, which left me alone to entertain myself. This was not difficult. I drove to Lincoln City in the morning and bought myself a Columbia coat to keep me warm this coming winter. I have been really cold lately and really needed something. I love my new coat! It is so warm and cozy!
After that I spent some time on the beach and also some time at the bay front watching the sea lions. I can't believe how big the sea lions are! They are fascinating!
That evening we hung out with some of the PA students. We talked, laughed, and had a lot of fun. We all went out to watch the sunset over the ocean, and we saw whales!!! I was soooo excited!!!! We saw them spout up water and every now and then we could see a giant patch of black and they dove back down under the water. It was amazing!!!!
It was such a nice trip!!
Stephen and I have found a new Chinese Buffet in this area. It is called the China Palace. You would not believe all of the food that this place has! They have at least 8 different buffet tables complete with chinese food, desserts, sea foods, and frog legs! And yes, I tried the frog legs! I had to really work myself up to it, because I am not normally very adventurous with what I eat. Stephen tried some with me, even though he had had some before. It did seem a little bit like chicken, but it was more chewy. It wasn't my favorite, but I am impressed that I tried it!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh how I wish we would have seen whales while we were there. how fun for you.
And Frog legs? I must say I am really ReAllY impressed you tried them...you are getting braver.
sad that I won't see you this weekend.
First of all thank you so much for writing back to Jasmine. She was so excited to get the mail and to find your wonderful letter. She already started to write you back.
Second I wanted to say that I am so happy that you are having such a great time there with friends. And third I wanted to say thank you for your wonderful comment on the anniversary post. I also love you guys!
WOW!! That's big!! Gosh, I miss talking to you.. What an adventure you are on. Every time I read a post of yours I can't help but think what wonderful things are going on for you in OR!! It was surely the place to be!!
What is new?
Post a Comment