Monday, November 24, 2008

Holidays

I know that it has been a long time since I posted anything. We haven't been up to too much this last month. I am really excited about Thanksgiving, though. Stephen and I are driving out to Northern Idaho to spend the holiday with Stephen's brother Robert and his family. I love going up there and their family is so much fun! We almost had to cancel because of some car troubles that we have been having, but we decided to rent a car for the trip. We were able to get a really good deal on line. We are also really grateful that the price of gas has gone down so much. It is such a blessing for this holiday season. We are going to have to have our transmission rebuilt this week while we are out of town. It will be guaranteed for a year so we should be just fine to drive back to Idaho and Utah for Christmas. My sister, Melanie, is getting married on Dec. 23rd and I am so glad that we will still be able to go home for it.

I am really in the mood for Christmas. I found a radio station here that has started playing Christmas music all the time. I have been listening to it quite a bit. I normally force myself to wait until after Thanksgiving to start in on all the Christmas stuff, but this year I decided that it makes me happy so it shouldn't matter when I start. This is also the first year that I can remember when I won't have the opportunity to put up a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. Since we will be out of town on that day, I decided it would be nice to come home from our trip this week and have the tree already up. I, with Stephen's help of course, got the decorations all out, and I set up the tree just this afternoon. It really makes me happy to see the tree, and listen to the music, see the nativity sets, and get presents for those we love. I just love this time of year!!!

5 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

I am glad you did. We set our stuff up early too. I think that Christmas music does not take away from Thanksgiving- It enhances it. Happy T-day!

Anonymous said...

AWe. that is so precious! What special times you have right now with your hubby! I want those, living in mommies house isn't as special or memorable, atleast not the ways I want to think special is.

Livia said...

I just love Christmas and I can't wait to see all of you this year.

Livia said...

Did you received our Christmas card?

Livia said...

Kimberly, Thank you for the Christmas card. It's beautiful!!!
See you on Monday:)