Sunday, March 7, 2010

Japanese Gardens

So, by chance, we found out that the Japanese Gardens here in Portland were having a special day where they had free admission. Admission is normally $9.50 a person, so we had to take advantage of this fabulous deal. Luckily, this free admission day happened to be the only Saturday that Stephen was able to be home with us during this clinical rotation that he is doing. For those of you who don't know, he has been doing this rotation in Pendleton, OR, and it is a five week rotation. We have really missed being together as a family, but have been able to manage to see each other on the weekends. Charlie and I have made the 3.5 hour drive for three of the weekends, and Stephen made the drive home for one. He has been on call the other weekends. We were so grateful to be able to spend time together in such a beautiful setting as you can see from these pictures. It was so lovely we had to take many pictures. We also had fun with our friends the Mechams, who you can see in some of the pictures. Charlie is friends with their daughter and we have lots of fun together. They have been taking great care of Charlie and I with Stephen away. Thank you guys!!






























3 comments:

La Michelle said...

Is that a moby wrap you're wearing Charlie in?

Stephen Stacey said...

I
love
gardens.

I would never want to go through all the effort of making my own garden so splendid. That's part of the reason I like gardens like that one so much.

Steve, I start rotations next year. I'm sure I'll have some out rotations too, but I doubt very much if any of mine will be closer than 1,000 miles to Emily and home.

Robert and Lisa said...

What a fun time! It's fun to find all the free stuff around. Your baby is getting so big too. He's got such beautiful blue eyes!