Saturday, November 13, 2010

Turkey and Costumes

We are planning on going to my parents house for Thanksgiving this year. This is my favorite holiday because I just let myself eat whatever I want regardless of the consequences. It is so nice to be with family. But, not being at home for Thanksgiving means no leftovers, so I decided to have a turkey dinner this week so we could enjoy all of the leftovers that we wanted. I have never been allowed to be totally in charge of this meal, so there are some things that I will need to fix for next year, but I think the turkey was PERFECT!!! Just look at how lovely it is! The meat was so tender it was just falling off the bones. In fact, when I picked it up to put it on the platter both wings fell off. Oh well. It was delicious!!



One day I was reading on the couch and Charlie was playing at the window. He was jabbering to himself and I looked up to find him writing with his magnadoodle while he was telling himself a story. It was adorable!

I know that this is a little late, but here is Charlie in his Halloween costume. I am pretty proud of it because I worked hard on it and it turned out so cute. Charlie HATED it, though. He cried every time we made him put it on. However, he did enjoy his candy.


We went trick-or-treating at Macey's which had several candy stations set up throughout the store. Whenever we use these carts Charlie drives with both steering wheels. I just LOVE this boy!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Excellent job on the turkey and the costume!!