When we woke up on Saturday we were still pretty worn out from the beach the day before. We decided to alter our plans and spend most of the day at home. We relaxed in our apartment until it got too hot. (I think it got over 100 that day and we don't have air conditioning because it hardly ever gets that hot.) When it was too hot to stay here we went out to the pool in our complex. It was perfect because I think everyone else had gone to beach. There were only a handful of other people there and they soon left us alone. It was really nice to have the pool to ourselves. We had taken our books with us and were able to read in peace.
That evening we went to Izzy's Pizza Bar for dinner. (It was too hot in our apartment for me to cook anything and make it worse.) It wasn't as good as some of the other places that we have gone to since being here. We have found an excellent Itallian place just down the street from us. We also really liked McGrath's Fish House. And of course, there is the Cheesecake Factory.
After dinner it was still blazing hot so we went to a movie because the theaters have air conditioning. We saw Mama Mia. It was nice to see a light movie after some of the ones we've seen lately, namely Dark Knight. Overall, it was a nice, relaxing day.
Yesterday at church I finally got a calling. I am going to teach CTR 5. I was not excited about this. In fact, I have thought for a long time that teaching in the Primary would be the worst possible calling that they could give me. I am sure those thoughts are the reason for it. I need to be better about controlling my thoughts. Well, I have never turned down a calling before, but I came closer than ever yesterday. However, I know that callings are extended by revelation and who am I to say no? So, I accepted. And then I went back to Sunday School and cried. I have never cried about a calling either, until yesterday. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to control a room full of five-year-olds. During my program at school I always steared clear of the younger grades. I have quite a bit of experience with ten-year-olds, but not five-year-olds. Anyway, after the meetings were over I was introduced to the current teachers for the class and found out that there are only two kids in the class right now. I think Heavenly Father knows when we need to be led gently into difficult situations. It was a moment when I felt sure that I was being watched over. One of those Footprints moments. I was definitely being carried.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kimberly you will love primary. I have been a teacher in primary for almost four years now and I love it. From CTR 7 to nursery I have taught all the different ages and I just can't pick only one to say I like the best because when you get to know the kids, all of the classes turned out to be really fun to teach. Good luck and let me know if you need any help or ideas for your class.
It sounds like you are having fun on your "staycation" . I send my thoughts and prayers for you in this calling. I know you will do great. I think of the "5" year olds that live at my house and how much they adore you. You are great with kids and they will love you too. You are right, Heavenly Father does know what He is doing and you will become a stronger person for accepting something you didn't think you could do. I have seen many times in my life when I have been given a calling I didn't feel capible of, after time I found I was capible and love those callings the most. Good luck and I love ya.
Post a Comment