I am still enjoying my time at home, for the most part. (I do suffer from some cabin fever some days.) I have been really grateful that it has been pretty warm this week. I have been frequenting our pool. Since school has started there are not nearly the amount of people there in the middle of the day. In fact, most of the time that I have been there this week I have been alone. It is great. I can sit at the edge of the pool with my feet dangling in the water and read my book. It is so relaxing!
Well, my plants in my garden are all about dead. My cucumbers are still trying to hold on, but they are fading fast. It has been fun to have a little garden this year, but I think next year will be even better. I will actually get to plant earlier in the spring. This year I couldn't plant anything until we got here in the middle of June. It was quite late, but I wanted to give it a try. It was fun to get what little produce it yielded.
Our car is beginning to have problems. We were driving it this evening and the engine kept dying. I am going to call around tomorrow and see about getting it checked out. I hope that it is nothing serious. We are hoping that this car lasts us until after Stephen graduates and has a job. Hopefully all will work out.
Also, I haven't found my camera yet, but I thought I would add pictures of some of the creepy-crawly stuff that we have seen since being here. It is not a lot, but here it is.



3 comments:
That is one huge slug. Yuck! I am glad that you got a job. I bet you will really enjoy it.
I want to dangle my feet in the pool.....
I miss our pool in Overland Park. Do you remember our tanning sessions out by the pool and all the fresh sandwiches made with Panera bread? Yummy!!!
Maybe one day we will live next to each other.
I am happy for your new job. Good luck!
Post a Comment