Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby Update

So, I thought (since several people have been asking) that I would fill everyone in on what has been going on so far in this pregnancy. I am sixteen weeks along. I was realizing this today that I am less than a week away from starting my fifth month of pregnancy. I couldn't believe it! I was pretty sick during the majority of the first trimester. I was lucky to not throw up much, in fact, I have lost it more in the second trimester than I did in the first. I started to feel a TON better about two and half weeks ago. Poor Stephen had to get used to the fact that I couldn't cook anything that took longer than five minutes, but I have been able to start to really cook real meals for him again this week. It has been so nice to eat real food again!


We moved immediately after getting back to Portland from our Christmas trip. After being in the car and sitting down for so long the strain of moving everything really took a toll on me. I have had minor problems with my sciatic nerve for the past few years just off and on, but this past week it really caught up with me. It got so bad that I could hardly walk and switching position was so painful. I have heard that it is a pretty common problem in later pregnancy and I was worried about having to go through several more months without relief. Luckily, after being able to rest for several days the pain has drastically decreased. I now am only struggling at night. I have been working on sleeping on my left side with a pillow between my legs, but I am just not a side sleeper. I am hoping to get used to it soon.

All in all, I am feeling great compared to what I had been and I am extremely grateful.

I wanted to let you all see a few of our baby pictures. We got these about a month ago when I was at 12 weeks. Also, there is a picture of me that Stephen took today. I know it is not huge yet, but I am pretty proud of how big it is. I love having a belly now that I have a good excuse! Anyway, enjoy.





3 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

YAY! I love belly pictures. I am glad to hear you are feeling better from the nausea, and good luck witht he siatic nerve.

Livia said...

You look great! I can't wait to find out if it's going to be a boy or a girl. Do you have any boy names yet?

Tina said...

cuteness!! I love the little belly. Hooray for babies!!!