Today Stephen and I went on a Stair Climb through Washington Park in downtown Portland. When the city was being designed they put a lot of effort into making it a pedestrian friendly place. Since there are so many hills they put up a TON of stone staircases. These often go right between houses, and through backyards. It is really neat. Stephen found out about it through a website, (dirt cheap Portland). We did our first one this afternoon. It took us about 50 minutes and we stopped at the end and ate a picnic. It was great to walk through the park with Stephen. I walked through it several times last year while I was doing the rambles with the Mazamas (which I want to do again this summer).
Here are some of the pictures that we took on our climb today.


This is a house that we passed along the way, about half way through. It is hard to tell, but it is a stone house with AMAZING carvings all over.
We were excited to see a flower in bloom in February!!
3 comments:
s are lovely. A flower! You must be in a different climate. Elena
It reminds me of Europe all the stone staircases you are enjoying. Great workout!
Time for a new post!
Post a Comment